13 Benefits of Debt Counselling or Debt Review.
1. All of your debt repayments will be consolidated into one reduced monthly repayment plan.
The great thing about debt counselling is that instead of paying numerous accounts, which you can easily lose track of, The National Debt Review Center will work out an amount that covers all of your repayments.
This includes all your legal fees and debt review costs, with lower interest rates.
2. Your assets, including your home and car, will be protected from repossession.
If you’re fearing that your home and car will be repossessed because you’re in too deep, you’re not alone. Debt counselling will protect your assets from being repossessed as a result of defaulting on repayments.
3. You will no longer get calls from your creditors demanding payment.
Once placed under debt review, you will no longer be at risk of getting deeper into debt.
The National Credit Regulator will flag your credit profile, barring you from taking out more credit. This flag will be removed from your credit profile once you have settled all your debt.
4. You do not pay any money upfront.
Alarm bells should go off if the Debt Counsellor makes such a request. Asking for money upfront is not part of the Debt Review process and indicates that the Debt Review company is untrustworthy.
All Debt Review fees are strictly prescribed by the Nation Credit Regulator (NCR) and are pretty much the same for all South African Debt Counsellors.
There are no up-front fees because the fee structure is created in such a way that all the fees form part of your reduced monthly repayment plan. Each client’s fee will differ because it is worked out as a percentage of the monthly debt you owe.
5. There is no permanent record of having undergone debt counselling.
6. There is only one monthly repayment to be made.
7. Your budget will meet your basic needs first before provision is made for debts.
8. You will never pay more money than you can reasonably afford.
9. A debt counsellor will suggest ways of cutting costs and saving money.
10. Gives you Peace of Mind that your debt is being paid.
11. Help You Live Comfortably with all living expenses covered.
12. Help You Reach Your Goal of settling the debt.
13. Helps you Change your financial spending behaviour.
In light of this, always be sure to contact The National Debt Review Center here or at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you begin to struggle with your payments, so that all of your instalments can be reduced immediately.
Contact us here - https://ndrc.org.za/contact
Article - https://ndrc.org.za/what-are-the-benefits-of-debt-review The National Debt Review Center video.